“If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.” – Les Brown
What was your dream job when you were a kid? A Hairdresser, a Truck Driver, a Vet, an Astronaut or a Fire Fighter? How about a Rock Star or a Circus Ringmaster, maybe even a Zookeeper or Dancer? Pilot, Spy, Actress, Olympic Athlete, a Farmer… do these sound familiar?
We had no idea what we would earn or what it involved, none of that mattered. The one thing that did matter was that our hearts said ‘I want to be that!’ and so we thought ‘I will be that!’ (Oh and possibly the uniform or ‘costume’ we would get to wear!). It was something that got us hooked as kids, I am not entirely sure of what it is but that something got our little fires in our bellies burning, we were on a mission to build forts with plastic tools (Builder), construct cardboard cars (Mechanic), dress Barbie dolls (Stylist), snorkel in the bath (Scuba Diver) – we did what we loved no matter what it was, fear & failure was never a hindrance.
What I am getting at is you need to ask yourself ‘what was it about this childhood dream job that got me so excited’? The ‘why did I want to do that?’, ‘what was I hoping to accomplish?’. That can help you to get the spark back into your current job or maybe help you realise you are in the wrong job?
From what I can remember, my dream job started off as wanting to be a Barbie Doll, to a Lego Maker, a professional Golf Buggy Driver, then to a Hairdresser, an Olympic Swimmer, back to a Hairdresser then an Astronaut, to a Dolphin Trainer, a writer/journalist, a TV News Anchor to a Film Producer, an Advertising Business Woman, a Designer [Currently working as], an Interior Designer [Qualified now but my passion no longer lies there] and now…
…a Qualified Nutritionist [Currently studying a Bachelor of Medical Science majoring in Nutritional Medicine], a professional Blogger [Fingers crossed http://www.ablankblog.com takes me there], Public Speaker [Sharing my story with High Schools around my area] and Wholefoods Experimental/Creative ‘Scientist’ [My kitchen] as well as to be a curious explorer of this world [Daily]!
I live my dream job everyday and only at 20 I can only imagine what the future holds – I live it in my kitchen, through my studies, on my blog, through self contracted design, even my actual full time career encompasses not just one passion but all (Design, healthy food, blogging, advertising/marketing, nutrition, experimenter, photographer…) I am living my dream, I almost have to pinch myself every morning but it comes down to the harder you work the luckier you get – dreams become more available when you let your passion take over, when hard-work is the only way you want to work, when you seek opportunity consistently, when you surround yourself with people and places that support and encourage your dreams. Dreams no matter how big or small comes down to your passion and want – let that little kid without any fears with their dream job in mind surface again! I am telling you, it will happen!
“Never let life impede on your ability to manifest your dreams. Dig deeper into your dreams and deeper into yourself and believe that anything is possible, and make it happen.” – Corin Nemec
Recipe for bLANks Limitless Elixir.Vaulted 146 – The Basics + Superfoods + Superherbs – Makes 1 – 2 Minutes – Superfoods – Superherbs – CLASSIFIED
Elixir ingredients coming soon…*’Experimentation’ still in process, hold tight it’s on it’s way (But I had to share this beautiful looking jar of goodness)!
Wondering what an Elixir is?
Noun: A magical or medicinal potion – a preparation that was supposedly able to change metals into gold, sought by alchemists
If you aren’t yet familiar with Elixirs, they are complex formulations of healing tonic herbs, medicinal herbs, fruits, and more. They are designed to be potent, nutritive, and medicinal.
*You should also keep in mind that the herbal constituents in elixirs are highly concentrated. Because of this, elixirs can be extremely potent. When designing an elixir, there are a few considerations that we adhere to.
Top 10 Superfoods and Tonic Herbs – *Found in Elixirs (By David Wolfe)
1. Cacao (Raw Chocolate): The seed of a fruit of an Amazonian tree, cacao is the highest
antioxidant food on the planet, the #1 source of magnesium, iron, chromium and is also extremely high in PEA, theobromine (cardiovascular support), and anandamide (“bliss chemical”). Raw Chocolate balances brain chemistry, builds strong bones, is a natural aphrodisiac, elevates your mood and energy.
2. Goji Berries (Wolfberries): Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years, goji berries are regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. This superfood contains 18 kinds of amino acids, all 8
essential amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants, iron, polysaccharides, B & E vitamins, and many other nutrients.
3. Maca: A staple in the Peruvian Andes for thousands of years, this adaptogenic superfood increases energy, endurance, strength, and libido. Dried maca powder contains more than 10% protein, nearly 20 amino acids, and 7 essential amino acids. As a root crop, maca contains five times more protein than a potato and four times more fibre.
4. Hemp Products eaten their RAW form: Packed with 33 % pure digestible protein, rich in iron, amino acids, and vitamin E as well as omega-3′s and GLA. A perfect food.
5. Spirulina and Blue-Green Algae: The world’s highest source of complete protein (65%), spirulina provides a vast array of minerals, trace elements, phytonutrients and enzymes. Blue-green algae is a wild-grown superfood with a 60% protein percentage, but is equally or exceedingly higher in other components. Both are vital superfoods.
Whilst on the topic of ‘dreams’, I never thought this would happen … It is not everyday you get to meet your idol, the idol you have had since you were 15, the first person who made you realise the power of your future passion – the real game changer in my life. I met David Wolfe – my complete idol [He is to my world what Arnie is to bodybuilding] – he is it!
Not everyday do you get to sit 1 METRE away and listen to a genius/idol for 13 hours, to look into your idols eyes and tell him the difference he has made in my life, have your book signed, photo taken with him & be embraced into a hug of the most overwhelming energy I have ever felt. To then get a SHOULDER MASSAGE from your idol during the conference and then GIVE HIM one too, to then be called out for the RAWFLE of 400 people (I never get picked but I just asked the universe “please, just this once” with intent) to then WIN THE CONFERENCES ULTIMATE $500 PRIZE FROM DAVID WOLFE and be given a kiss on the cheek…now that…I can’t even comprehend!
It was the BEST DAY EVER and as David Wolfe says, “TODAY IS THE BEST DAY EVER” – Dreams do come true, whether it be a job, meeting an idol, travelling the world, whatever it may do – seek with intent and you’ll find every dream is a possibility.
6. Bee Products (honey, pollen, and propolis): Bee pollen is the most complete food found in nature containing vitamin B-9 and all 21 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Honey, in its organic/wild, raw, unfiltered states is rich in minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes, and one of the highest vibration foods on the planet.
7. Camu Berry: Highest Vitamin C source on planet. Great for rebuilding tissue, purifying blood, and enhancing immunity, and energy.
8. Sea Vegetables (seaweeds including: kelp, dulse, nori, hijiki, bladderwrack, chlorella, etc): Rich in life-giving nutrients drawn in from the ocean and sun, sea vegetables help remove heavy metals, detoxify the body, provide numerous trace minerals, regulate cholesterol, and decrease the risk of cancer. Seaweeds benefit the entire body, and are especially excellent for the thyroid (high iodine), immune system, adrenals, and hormone function.
9. Medicinal Mushrooms (Reishi, cordyceps, maitake, shiitake, lion’s mane, etc.): High in polysaccharides and super immune enhancing components, medicinal mushrooms are one of the most intelligent adaptogenic herb/superfoods on the planet! They have also been proven effective in healing cancer and a variety of other ailments.
10. Powerful Supplements: MSM, Beauty Enzymes, Blue Mangosteen, Marine Phytoplankton, Activated Liquid Zeolite, Ormus, MegaHydrate, Crystal Energy, Krill Oil.
“Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.” – Sasha Cohen
Wisdom from Mr Wolfe (Via Jess Ainscough – The Wellness Warrior)
“The thing you should do sucks. The thing you will do rocks!” Start with what is easy and enjoyable for you to do.
Build up daily healthy habits to stack the odds in your favour. Incorporate these habits into your life easily – like when you’re sitting in traffic or some other situation when you’re not doing anything anyway. Utilise the time to take herbal tinctures, repeat affirmations etc.
Creating a healthy habit is simple. You know the feeling of having a few too many drinks, going to bed and then realising that you forgot to brush your teeth? As soon as you have that thought, you force yourself to get up and brush your teeth. If you can do that, you can do anything! It’s all about creating a habit.
Business is spiritual because it expands your capabilities and pushes you to a level of goal setting that you wouldn’t get to otherwise.
Medicinal mushrooms (reishi, chaga, shiitake, cordyceps, trametes etc.) are the most powerful healing foods.
Cholesterol is the precursor of all hormones. Cholesterol lowering medication wreaks havoc with our hormones.
Progesterone cream is one of the most protective supplements we can utilise when it comes to hormone-related disease prevention. It’s also very protective during the first and second trimesters of pregnancy.
Nettle root (best in tincture form) prevents male pattern baldness.
No matter what the problem is, the solution is already there available to us. This is the way that the universe is worked out.
Good bacteria in the mouth leads to healthy teeth. Constant use of conventional toothpastes and mouthwashes are like disinfectants, wiping out both good and bad bacteria. We need to replenish the good bacteria in our mouths. Neem is great for this.
Cacao is high in iron – higher than any other plant. It’s also high in magnesium. This combo could explain why women crave chocolate when they have their period.
If you consume a stimulant, you must balance it with an anti-stimulant (eg. cacao and mucuna).
Wake up every morning and chant, “This is going to be the best day ever” over and over again.
This photo?! This is me! What! With chocolate cake smothered all over my face?! And the naughty kind of chocolate cake too?! Yep that spoon licking ‘kidlet’ is yours truly! Miss bLANk in the making…check out that cheeky grin, caught in action, mixing, tasting, laughing – I think I found my calling from a young age, I just did a complete 360 from that age to now to get back to my ‘kids dream job’ calling!
I want to play! I want to create! I want investigate! Food + Design + Health = My Dream Job! I can go anywhere I want, in any direction, do whatever with that equation and be confident in the fact that no matter where I am, who with, or what I am doing, if I have this in my life, I will always be happy!
Your kid is still there, you just got to listen a little more!
DON’T WORRY, IT’S NOW BLUEBERRY & CHIA SPELT MUFFIN MIX ALL OVER MY FACE INSTEAD!
“The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
I never thought my dreams were possible until I actually started believing I had a chance…I proved to myself that the impossible can really become the possible – Live a life you create, a life that you love!
Steve Jobs said “your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it…”
Simply simple – Live Healthy, Live bLANk
*Disclaimer: All photographs in a bLANk’s Nourishing Recipe Index are taken by bLANk and rightly owned by bLANk