Cashew and Kaffir, Raw Kelp Thai Noodle Salad - Makes 1 – 10 Minutes – Superfood – Vegetarian – Light – Raw
1 Carrot – 1/2 Cucumber – 1 tbsp Soy Sauce – 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice – 1 Zucchini – 1 Garlic Clove – 1/2 tbsp Nigella Seeds – 1/4 Red Capsicum – 3 Kefir Leaves – 1/4 Cup Raw Activated Cashews – 1/4 Red Chilli – 1/2 Cup Coriander – 1 Spring Onion – 1/4 Cup Mint – 2 cm Ginger – Packet of Raw Kelp Noodles
1. With a mandolin or peeler, shred the carrot into long, thing strips. Finely slice the red capsicum, spiral the zucchini (or alternatively shred), chop the cucumber and finely dice the spring onion on an angle.
2. In a small ramekin, add the soy sauce, lemon juice, chilli, fresh garlic clove and grate ginger.
3. In a bowl, mix together the kelp noodles, carrot, cucumber, coriander, mint, kaffir leaves and capsicum. Toss gently.
4. Pour of the dressing and toss again.
5. To serve, add extra chilli and cashews, serve chilled.
“We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than we are.” – Adell Davis
Simply simple – Live Healthy, Live bLANk
*Disclaimer: All photographs in a bLANk’s Nourishing Recipe Index are taken by bLANk and rightly owned by bLANk - Photography by Casey Trebilcock Copyright 2013